This recipe is sure to help you celebrate Galantine’s Day! Wellness isn't just about health in the traditional, physical sense. It's so much more. Cultivating love - for yourself and for others - is one of the best ways to practice wellness and care. And what better way to spread that love than with our gal Hallie of @spinachdaddy sharing some of her thoughts on spreading the love:
"This year Valentine’s Day is only ever so slightly different, as I’ll probably be celebrating with my boyfriend, but most importantly my best friends will be receiving a token of my love (probably in the form of a sweet treat + card), which is always so fun to deliver!! One of my love languages as I’ve learned is giving small gifts of appreciation to those I care about, which is why I love this day! It’s an excuse for my friends and I to get together and celebrate one another & gather for a festive brunch (who doesn’t love a good themed brunch right?!). Hope everyone has a fun and lighthearted day! Pun totally intended”. She created this decadent recipe for us using our cocoa plantain chips. UGH, can't ya just feel the love?! Chocolate is our love language, so this speaks right to our hearts.
Chunky Monkey Valentine’s Day Blondies
by Hallie of @spinachdaddy
-15 oz can of unsalted chickpeas
-1/3 cup of maple syrup
-1/2 cup of smooth almond butter
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-pinch of salt
-1 bag of Amäzi Cocoa plantain chips
-1/3 cup chocolate chips
-1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Rinse and drain your chickpeas, pat dry.
3) Pulse 2/3 of the cocoa plantain chips in a processor till chips become very small- almost the size of rolled oats, set aside.
4) In a food processor, combine the first 7 ingredients till a smooth batter is formed.
5) Stir your chocolate chips, pulsed cocoa chips, and walnuts into the batter.
6) on a small, lined cookie sheet (or a 9x9 sq pan for thicker bars!) pour batter and spread into an even layer, about 1/2 inch thick.
7) top with remaining whole cocoa chips, additional chocolate + nuts and flaky salt if so desired
8) bake blondies for 20-23 min until it passes the clean toothpick test! Let cool completely
9) optional, but super festive: using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out your blondies and gift to all your valentines! (And snack on the remaining odd and ends yourself)