Pineapple Fried Rice
Thank you to our friends over at The Mantry Company for putting together this DELICIOUS dish. Find the original recipe here, and check out "the perfect gift for men who like to eat" plus even more awesome recipes on their site.
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tbsp. Bird’s Eye Chili Rich Simple Syrup
- 2.5 oz Brooklyn Cured Sweet Sopressata, diced
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced including tops
- Amazi Plantain Chips
- Char Man Caribbean Hot Sauce
- Halve the pineapple lengthwise, remove the core, cut the remaining pineapple into a grid of small squares. Use a spoon to scoop the pieces out, leaving the pineapple empty.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir in the green onions and sopressata until onions have softened, about 2 minutes. Stir the pineapple chunks into the wok along with the Bird’s Eye Chili Rich Simple Syrup, cook until pineapple begins to darken and glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir constantly to keep from sticking. Cook until heated through. Fill the pineapple, sprinkle with plantain chips and douse with some Char Man Caribbean Hot Sauce.